Friday, July 21, 2006

Trabert is a Democrat!



I haven’t had a chance to post about Mark & Leslie’s wedding and I can’t really go into detail in one post (we’ll have to do a series), but I will give you a brief description of what transpired at the very moment this photo was taken. Bobo was bringing down the house with his best-man speech, which surprisingly, was quite good. Little did I know (I am the guy standing and drinking bourbon in the center of the picture) I would become the punch-line for his “Mark could have chosen anyone of us to be his best man. Well, except for Jim because he is a Redskins fan.” (Response from the crowd was: “And that’s the only reason”.) Brad picked it back up with “Well that and he is a Democrat!” You outed me Bobo right there in front of all of those gorgeous, Republican women. Normally, I have to go out on a few dates before I break the news to the ladies, but you outed me right then and there. Of course this is all in jest, even though the lady wearing green in the front of the photo seems to be giving an Angela Landsbury-esque “Oh bother!, a Democrat”.

Bravo on your public speaking Bradford. And for warming up the crowd at my expense, it garnered quite a few laughs, especially from the UNC-Charlottians in the back of the photo-which is cool by me. I am what I am. I think and I care therefore I vote Democrat, and that my friend is why I am such a better dancer than anyone of our friends! That’s right Brad, that’s your lovely lady, Ashley, with her heels up from receiving the old “Triple-Trabert-Lindy” to finish off the pretzel! I wish that I had more to say here, but I partook a little too much in the ‘drinking liberally’ event last night. Btw, if you awaken at an unGodly hour and decide to kick the rooster out and eat some grub, don't eat left-over tacos from Toxic Hell. There is a reason that breakfast burritos exist and breakfast tacos do not, and I've learned my lesson.

For those of you interested, John Kerry will be hosting a town hall meeting concerning Health Care tomorrow morning at the ILA - Local 1422 Labor Hall, 1142 Morrisson Drive. Click here to print a ticket. I hope to see a few of you there as this is a very important issue facing this country and especially we South Carolinians*.

*According to the South Carolina Department of Insurance, close to 20% of South Carolinians are uninsured. 75% of those without insurance list affordability as the reason they have not purchased health insurance.

(Photos compliments of Massey Photos/Abercrombie & Campbell wedding)

No comments: