Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sunday Samurai Blogging

I've decided that on Sunday's I will now begin posting things kicking around in my gray matter under a new section aptly named "Sunday Samurai Blogging". Indeed this will probably be self-serving and personal notes, nothing left to posterity, just light humor and commentary that I need to get out there. Why? Because I would hate for one day my little Bushidos to think their Shogun or Pappa Bushido was uncool. Well, they probably will think that anyway, but at least I tried. Plus there are many things that I wanted to post about, but didn't have the time or there are more "important" or "news-worthy" things to address.

I know that I am giving this to you in piecemeal, but I thought I’d share another moment from Leslie & Mark’s wedding. There has been much a do about Leslie’s friends from Charlotte-the bride had two friends and their parents attend the wedding. If I may; I have a couple of things to say about this:
First, I really feel for this guy (see photo: the father) having three attractive daughters (one didn’t make the event). Indeed, they are a handsome family.

Secondly, (full disclosure: every single man-including Mark's Grandfather-wanted to know who the two cuties from Charlotte were and why Leslie never gave any of us an intro). Granted there are probably well-deserved reasons why Mrs. Campbell was reluctant to introduce us or give us names for these two ladies, especially if she remembered how Grandpa and JET rocked the Rooftop Pavillion. (Once again, it is not in my nature to be mysterious, but I don't recollect any of the events from the evening before the wedding. All I will say is Grandpa is a wild man and he told Marcus Aurelis to "shove off" because he was "killing our game" with the table full of Charleston's finest, former debutantes.)
I didn't catch their names-sorry to all of the readers who've inquired, but from my brief recon, I've found out that the blonde in black is a senior at UNCC and the red-white dress just graduated and is managing a shoe store. I told Craig and Pit-Stop the name; they've heard of it, but don't know where it is-dead end...I did have one of those "Wedding Crashers" moments when I saw the way their father was looking at me. "I just had to show off on the dance floor. He's on to me; look at the way he is looking at me". Oh and let's not forget Bobo outing me as a Democrat. Thanks Brad, like I wasn't suspect enough. I digress; these pictures are from the reception at the I'On. The band rocked. The speeches were emotional and humorous. The spread was money. The band rocked! And it reminded me of the kind of party one would have attended in the great Antebellum period in Charleston, just with less formality, no petticoats and without the white glove romances out on the gazebo. I tell you, the Abercrombies and Campbells set the bar high with this party. I can't wait to see what the Haney & Hiers will do next.

No comments: