Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dan Quayle flies under the Bushido's radar


I have said it once and I will say it again, I am an unreliable narrator. (Mac-J, I promise I will give the NBS party a review when I post about “Me and this Japanese Guy”). Sorry, but this story about music and our favorite former captain hair-do slipped by me as I didn’t hear much press about it until late last night. It appears former Veep Dan (Potatoe) Quayle walked out during a John Mellencamp show last week because the Cougar said; "This next one is for all the poor people who've been ignored by the current administration" before playing his song “Wall Talk”. (NY Post, July 20, 2006) The former Veep under George H.W. Bush was quoted as saying (snarking), “I didn't appreciate the comment, and besides, I didn't think the show was very good." Snap, talk about snarking on the way out the door.

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the snarks from Quayle are gone…
Don’t worry Johnny, King Charles has your back…From Richard Johnson @ the NY Post, Charles Barkley backed Mellencamp, saying, "He's right." While that may sound odd coming from a former conservative, Barkley told a local reporter, "I was a Republican - until they lost their minds."

(Photo courtesy of the Positive Side of Sports)

No comments: