Monday, April 03, 2006

UCLA plays Florida for the NCAA Tournament Championship tonight @ 9:15 pm



The UCLA Bruins will play the Florida Gators tonight; game time 9:15 pm. Sportsinteraction has UCLA -1, and Florida +1, with the standard -110 to lay down a bet. (-110 means you bet $110 to win $100.) I am on the fence post with this one, I'd like to see UCLA add their 12th win to their trophy case; then again, I would like to see the Gators win their first National Championship. The only thing left to decide this question is which school has the most spirit. (Photos compliments of athalonsports.com)

Halftime Update:
The Gators are leading the Bruins 36-25 at the half. Although we were flipping back and forth from watching Jack Bauer save the world on "24" I do like what I have seen on the floor so far (and I am not just talking about UCLA's cheerleaders.) Joakim Noah had 5 blocks in the first half, setting a new record for the most blocks in a tournment game. Noah is showing he has a lot of basketball knowledge or at least that is what the talking heads on the side-lines are saying, I think he has just gotten lucky and pulled a few rabbits out of the hat.

I am sure with Don MacLean, Bill Russell, Bill Walton and Kareen Abdul-Jabaar in the stands, this UCLA team will come out of the locker room a different, more aggresive and motivated team. Go get em Bruins!

No comments: