Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I just realized today is my birthday!

“No . . . I just remembered that to-day’s my birthday." I was thirty. Before me stretched the portentous, menacing road of a new decade...Human sympathy has its limits, and we were content to let all their tragic arguments fade with the city lights behind. Thirty—the promise of a decade of loneliness, a thinning list of single men to know, a thinning brief-case of enthusiasm, thinning hair. But there was Jordan beside me, who, unlike Daisy, was too wise ever to carry well-forgotten dreams from age to age. As we passed over the dark bridge her wan face fell lazily against my coat’s shoulder and the formidable stroke of thirty died away with the reassuring pressure of her hand...So we drove on toward death through the cooling twilight." F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

I thought that I would share this photo with you all of Marcia Johnson, Trabert and Brooke Johnson. I know many of you will have apprehensions about a photo of Brooke on my birthday blog, and it will cause my dear sweet mother confusion as she is still in denial about the break-up from a year ago, but you can't white-out parts of your life just because you had a little heart ache. No one was lying during that time and we had many great moments to outweigh the bad. Plus, this is a great picture that I thought needed to be shared.
On the day of my birth, my mother's, Sheila (Trabert) Brown, marathon of 23 hours and 8 lbs. 7 oz. came along side the sweet sounds of the Four Seasons' number one hit that day, "December 1963 (Oh What a Night)". To find Billboard's number one song on the day you were born click here. Make it a great day, and Cheers from the Bushido!

I tried to keep this thing under wraps, but well, enough said...

No comments: