Thursday, January 25, 2007

Modern Skirts will perform at the Pour House and Haint Blue will perform at the Map Room


Modern Skirts
The last time the Modern Skirts came to town, I was deeply impressed with their performance at the Map Room. The Skirts are a great band out of Athens, that really know how to belt out the blues reminscient of both Gov't Mule and Ben Folds-indeed an interesting mix. Modern Skirts will perform tonight at the Pour House in James Island.

Haint Blue
The Bushido is always on the look out for up and coming talent, so when Goldfinger told me that he and his new band, Haint Blue, were "teskeing" the waters at the Map Room tonight (9:30 pm) for the open-mic night, I knew I had to shake this 24-hour-bug and get better to catch their show. For you Charlestonians familiar with the color Haint-Blue, you are well aware of the significance of the color and its' familiarity around the City. For those of you unfamiliar with the color, let me tell you that many Lowcountry folks, deep-rooted in Gullah Culture believe the color keeps the evil spirits at bay and it is a great name for a band! I'll give you all a recap tomorrow.

No comments: