Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Miss America Tara Conner




Ironically with all of the hub-bub about Miss USA's nights on the town, playing kissy-face with Miss Teen USA, failing drug tests and underage drinking threatening the status of her crown (title), today is Miss USA's 21st birthday! Happy Birthday Tara!

Granted all of these sordid allegations (if your famous read: good publicity) will put a damper on Miss Conner celebrating the time-old tradition of getting “housed” on one’s 21st birthday, but the publicity is doing wonders for the Donald and the Miss USA franchise. Think about it, most people (outside of Kentucky and the pageant world) did not know who Miss Conner was until TMZ.com broke the story of alleged lesbian kisses, bar-hoping and cocaine use forcing Tara to turn in her tiara. I only knew of Ms. Conner because of an article I wrote back in November (comparing CofC grad and former Miss USA, Lu Parker against Tara) for the CofC Sports Fan before the CofC v UK basketball game.

Gratuitous plug: please check out the CofC Sports Fan for my attempt at keeping CofC fans and grads in the loop as well as polishing my paltry sports writing skills. (Editor’s Note: I mistakenly wrote that Tara Conner attended the University of Kentucky; she did not, she attended Somerset Community College.)

Tara (pronounced TAR-uh, that’s how they pronounce it in Russell Springs, KY) Conner is a former Miss Young Russell County, former Miss Kentucky Teen USA, the reigning Miss Kentucky and reigning Miss USA. Finally, Tara was fourth in the Miss Universe pageant this past July.Tara, Happy Birthday, and I just want you to know, “the morning I wake-up, and before you put on your make-up…I say a little prayer for you!” I hope you keep the tiara Tara.

No comments: