Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hello, My Name is Johnny Cash!


I planned on waiting to get a new puppy, a Newfie, and name him "Cash" but since I have become a believer in "signs" and despite initially wanting to wait until after my birthday to get a new addition to my family, when RT told me that someone needed to adopt "Johnny Cash" I said, "Let me meet him, if he likes me, then he's mine". I went out and got a crate, a sh_crap ton of chew able toys, puppy chow, a dog bed, collar and leash and then set off to meet him. A lot to get together before knowing if he'd even like me-I know-but like I said, it was a sign.

When he first met me, he gave me a ton of puppy kisses and then peed on me. And honestly, I was just as excited to bring him home, except for returning the peeing favor, we made it home and started to get to know one another. Luckily, Uncle Craig and Uncle Brad said they would help me with letting him out from his crate during the day-which is a blessing. I'll keep you posted on his progress with future "Lab Reports".

No comments: