Tuesday, September 25, 2007

BSR: I've Been Riding With The Ghost









The Magnolia Electric Co. is good. I have a feeling this “Low-Fi” video won’t do this performance justice. Here is a video of an old Songs: Ohia tune, “I've Been Riding With The Ghost”.
My bad, I totally spaced during the jam and ended the recording. If you haven’t figured it out by now or listened to Songs: Ohia or Magnolia Electric Co. before, I’ll go ahead and tell you, their songs average from 6 to 8 minutes per. People are starting to stare at me as I hold up my phone, either they are impressed with my ability to hold a 2.3 ounce device above eye level for close to 10-minutes at a time (it’s all kinetics baby) or they are quietly judging me for poaching their beloved Indie Rock with obvious plans to put this video on the Bushido Way or even worse You-Tube, then everyone will know about Magnolia Electric Co. And then the band will become main-stream and suddenly everyone in this room right now will lose cool points and we won’t be “sofa-king” clever and ironic.

Byaahhh!!! Blast you Indie crowd-“Well, my name it is Sam Hall, it is Sam Hall, and I hate you one and all, damn your eyes” (Thanks Cash) Or maybe no one is really staring at me, perhaps I should take my foot off the Budweiser throttle and apply some brakes to this Rock & Roll rollercoaster. Best not, I could offend the Rock Gods and they would show their displeasure with something totally un-cool like another Duran-Duran album but this one produced by Eddie Money (Wait, Eddie Money was Money there for a spell).

Whatever, damn these guys are good. I have a feeling that Molina’s voice will probably come over the phone as feedback-distortion, but what the heck. As Goldfinger just said, “A good tune can get you to the next gas station.” And we are well on our way.
This message is brought to you by SunCom iNotes Plus.

No comments: