Thursday, August 13, 2009

Uni-ball 207 Pen Prevents Check Fraud-Demonstration Video



I guess it was a couple of years ago when I first started buying these pens (Uniball 207-I prefer the Signo gel 207 Retractable Roller Ball Pen with a Micro tip) and the main reason was that I had read these pens prevent check-fraud. I never really followed up on the specifics of the how’s and the why’s, I just knew there was some special pigment in the ink which prevented check-fraud.

Alas, I have now seen the demo (thanks to Jenny for sending it to me) of how this pen actually prevents check-fraud: crooks dip the top portion of your check in acetone (a paint thinner found at any art supply or hardware store) for close to 3-minutes, removing the “date”, “To” and most importantly the amount which you had written on the check. If you used a normal pen (that has a dye based ink) everything the crook wants to remove will be gone in about three and half minutes. However, if you used the Uni-ball 207, which has special pigments that adhere to the page your original information will remain intact. If you are local, need more info or would like to purchase some of these pens call the Bushido’s supply guy and friend Ben @ Collins Office Supply (843) 554-4404; he’ll take care of you.

No comments: