Saturday, April 04, 2009

Another Cooper River Bridge Run, err...Bridge Walk Behind Down!

Alas the finish line of this year's Cooper River Bridge Run. I didn't run it this year as I have in years past and I didn't "bridge-jump" (make a fake ticket and run/walk without paying the $35 to join in the fun) because the folks were in town to do the walk and Sweets said it would be dishonest to the charities to fake a ticket-blast! 

Now in years past, I have eschewed training and preparing for the bridge run, I just went out and ran it-just as I did every other 10k or 5k. But after a quick run at the end of the bridge to the Meeting Street Piggly Wiggly for a badly needed pit-stop, I realized that I am way out of shape. So despite my hesitation to walk the race, I am glad that I did. 

No comments: