Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday's WTF? There's No Crying In Football-Clemson Fan Gets Emotional!



Despite my total apathetic nature to the idea, a friend of the Bushido Bucarook had to let me watch this video clip of a Clemson fan calling in to our local news here in the Holy City and of course it is “funny” as all get out, so of course, it had to go on the Bushido.

I know, technically it is not funny when another human reaches out in a time of need and shows their emotions, but WTF man? Did the coach’s plane crash? Did the team bus flip off a bridge, crash and burn leaving no survivors? You are setting a bad example for young men across this great state. Which brings me to a conversation I had with “Sweets” the other night: my boy, Cash, was whining and whimpering about something, (probably because Daddy was on the phone and not paying him any attention) and I told him, to stop, “Traberts don’t cry”. To which, “Sweets” said, “Cash, it’s OK to cry”. Which baffles me, because I think there is something to be said for men to keep a stiff upper lip, keep things close to their chests and not leave the faucets on when they are talking about a coach being fired from their beloved Clemson Tigers football team. (Full disclosure: the Bushido does allow men to cry at funerals and if having a nose hair plucked—both are totally acceptable times to let loose, but just a bit).

1 comment:

letmewatchthis said...

I must really an amazing blog an impressive one,,