Thursday, August 28, 2008

Serendipity and Suds: Coast Brewery's Cask Party Tonight @ Gene's


I stopped by Coast Brewery after "work" on Tuesday to "float" a couple of ideas, talk shop and sample Coast's new Altbier (6.2% ABV/35 IBUs, "hopped it like it was hot"-der Deutscheland with Perle and Hersbrucker hops) with Dave. He gave his usual hospitable diatribes of humor and good brew wisdom as well as leaving me with some literature and a slot to fill on my social agenda-tonight, Coast will have a cask party at Gene's Haufbrau (Hwy 17-across from Gerald's-you know where it is) featuring their Chocolate Rye Brown casked in chocolate beans-thumbs up from the Bushido and even your girlfriend will like it. The casking gets started at 6pm and with 2 casks, I am hopeful there will be some left by the time I get there.

Serendipity and a photo shoot
Last Wednesday I was on my way to Gene's Haufbrau to pick up a pint of Coast IPA and a to-go order of wings with the Webbed-one, when the peripherals picked-up one of my favorite creatures in nature, Blondus-in-lingerius, from the Latin-blond in lingerie (see photo). I called the Treo absorbed Webbed-one back to the I Heart store-front, a local boutique made popular by one of our hometown favorites and all around sweetheart-owner worldy popular from her appearance on Tv's The Bachelor. I digress; it was one of those surreal moments, stocked full of dueling thoughts of "is this really happening" and "dude, snap a picture with your new phone." As you can see, the little devil on the shoulder saying, "snap a picture" beat out the other guy-Mr. White who just can't believe, there is a professional, lingerie-model shoot going on in front of me. To the model and the photographer who has to waste the extra time photo-shopping some idiot with his cell-phone and tongue hanging out of the background of the picture-my bad, I am truly sorry!

No comments: