Tuesday, October 23, 2007

SABA

I am sure you could have deduced by my lack of posting (unreliable narrator) that I had taken a couple of weeks off to go on sabbatical, holiday, riding the couch reading and watching baseball, search for enlightenment-give it a name.

Things I learned on my search for enlightenment:

  1. Baba Ganush is a Middle-Eastern eggplant dish and not just a cool nick-name that most guys started calling their pals after watching the movie “Wedding Crashers”.
  2. Chuck Norris taught me that the symbolism in the final fight scenes in every martial arts film. Did you ever notice that in the final fight scenes the weapons malfunction, the swords are thrown to the side and the final fight is hand-to-hand-combat? As Chuck would say, “That’s how we all have to face our problems that beset us; when are hands are empty, what will decide the fight is what is inside our minds.”
  3. I know that he is in Cooperstown and he’s one hell of a guy, but Tony Gwynns’ voice annoys the sh_crap out of me. Come to think about it, Gwynn’s voice is the same voice used by black comedians when they impersonate a white male’s voice.

No comments: