Sunday, February 26, 2006



2006 Olympics

Let me begin by apologizing to anyone who finds this photo (compliments of Chewie's blog) offensive; however, I had trouble finding another appropriate photo as the Post & Courier did not post photos on line from the event and I would like to mention the flip-side of the photo is that these Olympians are indeed unique, but they are just as competitive as the other Olympians in this race.
Over 700 participants competed in various events including basketball, badminton, gymnastics and handball at the Citadel's McAlister Field House. 15-year old Michelle Annibale lit the torch to begin the Special Olympics ceremony. I have attended this event in the past and I must say that not only does the spirit of the Olympics put smiles on all of the winner's faces but also it puts smiles on the faces of their biggest fans.

No comments: